Wednesday, April 28, 2010

REP YO HOOD

In the poem "Chicago," written by Carl Sandburg, the author tries to reach out in a different aspect that I have never before seen. However, he connects with readers on different levels. This may be due to the fact that some people come from this type of situation, where as some have to be ampathetic to what is being spoken on. I concur with your opening statement from the blog that "sweets" posted about how people can take pride in where they are from even when there is so much that is wrong with it. I hate to make it seem that I come from all walks of life. However, I can relate to this also. The town that I grew up in, after moving to Mississippi, was very small. There is not much to be proud of when it takes five communities to make approximately 651 people....or is it? It is one of those things that depends on the quality of the person. I think that living here better prepared me to deal with adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment