Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog 5

"I Thank You God" is a wonderful descriptive poem by E.E. Cummings. It is divided into three stanzas and it thanks God for his creation. I really liked this poem a lot because it discusses how a person changes his views about the world. In the first stanza the speaker is thanking God for this amazing day and describes how great this day is. The imagery used by the speaker is excellent and one can really picture what is being said for example: "...for the leaping greenly spirits of trees/ and a blue true dream of sky..." (Cummings 1648). The second stanza describes a person who has died and is alive again today. Also, it says it is the "sun's birthday" which could mean that the sun is rising once again to start the day. I thank God everyday for giving me so much. He always takes good care of me and helps me get through everything. The second stanza in the poem could relate to the feelings of a person. Sometimes when we go through rough times we ask for help and most of the time it helps if we pray which is the only communication we have with God. He is always there and he is always listening. After I finish asking for help I try to start my work and it motivates me that I always have someone looking after me. Everyone has a bad day once in while and it is only human to feel unmotivated, unhappy, and lazy. But we get through those times and they are replaced by times of happiness.
This poem is definitely worth reading and it is a very well written poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment